Periodically, we will email you information and reminders regarding your health, pension and annuity plans as an additional way to keep you informed of your benefits. As always, if you have any questions or need further information please contact us at 781-341-1657.
As you may be aware, Empower Retirement has acquired the MassMutual retirement plan business. As a result, your retirement account will be upgraded to a new and improved experience. You’ll have access to your upgraded account beginning on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
Please note there will be a short “quiet period” when you won’t be able to make any transactions in your account. This quiet period lasts for 2-3 business days beginning after the markets close on Thursday, October 27.
A few things you can look forward to:
Automatic account transfer — Your retirement account, current investments and contribution rates will automatically transfer to the new Empower experience.
New website — You will be able to manage your retirement account with the help of enhanced planning features and tools.
Empower Customer Care Center — You will continue to have access to U.S.-based representatives, with expanded Saturday hours.
New Empower Retirement app — The app is available to download to your Apple® or Android™ device for on-the-go access to your retirement account.
You’ll have access to your upgraded account beginning on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
Effective January 1, 2023, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is changing to a new pharmacy benefit manager, which will administer your prescription benefits on behalf of Blue Cross and help control today’s medicine prices.
No action is needed now, but here’s what you need to know:
• Most members won’t be affected by this change
• There will be a new mail service pharmacy. If you use mail order, your prescription(s) will transfer automatically, except in a few instances (controlled substance or prescription(s) with no refills remaining).
• You’ll get a new ID card — be sure to bring it with you whenever you fill a prescription, starting January 1
• Blue Cross is always ready to help when you call the Member Service number on your ID card
• To learn more, visit bcbsma.info/pharmacyupdate
Here’s how to prepare:
• If this change affects you, Blue Cross will reach out to you directly. Watch for more
information in the coming months.
We know pharmacy benefits are a crucial part of your plan. Rest assured, your
pharmacy advocates at Blue Cross are working to make this change as simple and
beneficial as possible.
Reminder the Pension Fund Credit Plan year ended 9/30/2022. You need 1200 work hours between October 1, 2021- September 30, 2022 for a full pension credit and 1700 hours for “the kicker” 1.75 credits.
2021-2022 Plan Year Pension Fund Statements will be mailed out around the first week of December.